Re: Hard Copy from GNUPLOT

> > 	Does anybody knows how do I print a hard copy of a plot, I obtain
> > from GNUplot.
>
> Try help for "set terminal" and "set output". Basically, you can do
>
> set terminal png (or one of the many formats)
> set output "foo.filename"
>
> and run your input file and find the output in foo.filename, which can
> be printed.

Just to add my little bit to the above:

1. Doing a
       set term

   without options in gnuplot shows the entire list of terminal types
   that gnuplot can create output for. Some of these have help as well,
   see
       help set term

2. Make your plot on the screen in the usual way and tailor it to
   your satisfaction. Then, supposing you wish to print on a generic
   HP Deskjet, in the command window type
       set term hpdj
       set output "foo.dj"
       replot

   This sends data to foo.dj in a form that can be directly printed
   on a Deskjet (with, say, lpr -b).

3. In this way you may create Postscript/Latex/gpic output of your
   groff plots for inclusion in other documents.

- - Manas Laha.