Re: Re: Viability of Linux companies

> Still in the mood for some more ? How about originality ? BSD is where vi
> happened, TCP/IP happened.

	Acting like a Kid ;)

> Both FreeBSD and NetBSD have their virtual memory
> subsystems derived out of a PhD thesis. Perhaps you should hang out on
> freebsd-hackers for a while and judge the quality of discussion ?

	The Problem with BSD was it was not available for the mass
even if it came in 1970 as you said.

	It came to masses only after GNU/Linux. I know people
who went to GNU/Linux since *BSD was not affordable for them
(ie before BSD became free).

	BSD was *closed* for a long time.
They didnt heard the sound of change. And failed.
( I am not saying the technologies in BSD failed.
  May be they are better than GNU/Linux)

Accept the reality.

Arun.