Re: Re: Viability of Linux companies

On Sat, 21 Apr 2001, Arun Sharma wrote:

> It was open source software right from the beginning. Any university could
> easily get the source code, which is what made UNIX popular. If UNIX wasn't

	Well, I don't think so. IMHO the source code was available only
for a price. Maybe free for some universities but not for all.

	If it were so, GNU would never have been formed and Linus would
not have thought of writing Linux. IIRC Linux once said he wouldn't have
written linux if he knew about Hurd.

--

#!!!	If anything can go wrong, _FIX_ it. (To hell with MURPHY)

						Ajay kumar Dwivedi
						 ajayd@xxxxxxxxxx