Re: Re: Viability of Linux companies

On Sat, Apr 21, 2001 at 03:08:29AM +0530, Saurabh Garg wrote:
> his way of doing things, standards notwithstanding. If tomorrow, say a newer
> and better POSIX compliant OS comes up, the Linux freak aint gonna shed his
> love away for the sake of compliancy.

Complacency is not a bad reason. Why should I switch if it doesn't buy
me anything ?

On the other hand, dogma is a bad reason. When other OSes do good things,
one needs to acknowledge that and adopt it, irrespective of political
differences.

I'm not suggesting that all users are blind in their allegiance to linux.
But I do note that the loss of objectivity is hitting the threshold.

	-Arun