Re: Re: Viability of Linux companies

On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, Dr Tarique Sani <tarique@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 |Javascript Bible - Danny Goodman
 |
 |Dynamic HTML Unleashed
 |
 |to name two of them off hand - most of them do mention Jscript is M$
 |implementation of JavaScript - whats the point?

This was with regard to the argument that M$FT extensions could become
POSIX standards...

My point was that the implementation differed from the real thing.(Also
notice the book is JavaScript Bible! so JavaScript is the defacto standard
for client side scripting ... you never say <script language="jScript">)
If it was a true implementation (like say lesstif for motif).. then code
written for one should work on the other...

So jScript was implemented with the intent of breaking javascript! (this
is what I dislike about M$ ... ) and they tried the same thing with Java
too!

Kingsly

PS: I checked out the irt.org site... so you do believe in cross-browser
cross-platform stuff enough to be part of something like that... !! And
that was the same thing I was saying too... anyone coming to a site should
have the same experience!

	        .:: Kingsly John                ICQ 14787510 ::.
            .:: Linux 2.4.3 #7 Tue Apr 17 18:48:39 IST 2001 i686 ::.
           `:. Posted to the list on Fri Apr 20 18:51:13 IST 2001 .:'