Re: Viability of Linux companies (Was Re: A Linux Today story has been mailed to you!)

-----Original Message-----
From: Pavan K Balellugari <pavkb@xxxxxxxxx>
To: linux-india-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<linux-india-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, April 18, 2001 12:04 PM
Subject: Re: Viability of Linux companies (Was Re: [LIG] A Linux Today story
has been mailed to you!)

|While i agree in almost all of Tariques points.. i
|wonder, if we really really have to make a software
|that's as usefull as Oracle (@least in RDBMS world),
|which one it would be.. it could be soving any problem
|area.. any ideas???
|
|Also, the fun part is we (India or indians) never made
|windows(the OS) we didn't start the linux revolution,
|but hopefully we could atleast use them in fullness

In fact we are far behind here also.
Some one has posted a statistics regarding .in domain where apache use is
around 35% and .pk domain it is 60%. The 60% is the world average.

Apart from this start putting IP address like 202.54.78.1 to 202.54.78.255
in your browser (My favorite hobby), you will come across number of default
RedHat pages, router configuration menu and what not.

Regards,
Mukund Deshmukh
Beta Computronics Pvt. Ltd.
Web Site - www.betacomp.com