Re: Mutt

On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 12:20:24PM +0530, Kingsly John wrote:
> 1. does mutt store mail in the same format as pine ? (in case I need to
> switch back! (had some bad experiences when I accidentally typed mh ! and
> when I tried emacs for reading mail!the RMAIL thing... didn't know how to
> get back the mail until today!)

Mutt supports both mbox (which pine uses AFAIK) and maildir. Pine creates some
strange artifacts -- mails called 'FOLDER INTERNAL DATA', which can be safely
deleted.

> 2. can u use multiple roles under mutt ? under pine I use different email
> ids for official/junk/mailinglists etc etc.(with different sigs et all.)

Yes. I mail from both my office and yahoo IDs from mutt. I use folder-hooks for
that -- I associate particular folders with particular IDs, but I suppose there
are other ways to do it. Mutt is _extremely_ configurable.

> I'm using procmail to sort my mail so I don't think that should be a
> problem in switching over.

you could use both parallelly until you decided for sure which you preferred.

Biju

Biju Chacko        | biju@xxxxxxxxxxx (work)
Exocore Consulting | biju_chacko@xxxxxxxxx (play)
Bangalore, India   | http://www.exocore.com