Re: SMS service...

Kingsly John rearranged electrons thusly:

> On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

>  |Other cellular providers also offer similar services - dunno what they
>  |run on - you said "linux" so I chipped in :)

> Airtel runs windoze... and they can take upto 24hours to deliver an email
> into my mobile phone and the extra characters are chopped off !!

Out here, the extra characters are split into separate sms messages.  The
character limit is a feature / limitation (and thats good - you dont want
to receive a multiple kilobyte html mail on your cellphone)

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <-->  mallet <at> efn <dot> org