Re: O'Reilly Network: Is BSD Taking the Spotlight Away From Linux? [April 12, 2001]

Hi All,

Sandip Bhattacharya writes:

> Huh???? I thought out here, one commercial company bought another
> commercial company??? BSDi earlier has been as commercial as any other
> Unix vendor ... that hasn't made Slackware and FreeBSD any less free
>
> And as far as Linux is concerned, I still see that the top 3-4
> distribs as all commercial ones ...

BSDi is now called as IX Systems and they have changed their focus from OS
to High End Servers manufactured by IX Systems.

Currently as of now they have not defined their plans for the SOftware. may
be we may not have BSDi or BSD OS in the future.

Best Regards,

Parag Mehta