Re: GNU HURD

On 12 Apr 2001, at 10:34, Amarendra GODBOLE wrote:

> GNU Hurd is the O.S. kernel developed by many GNU volunteers.
> Currently it is in a dormant state as none of them have time
> to continue the development. Also, since Linux kernel is GPL'd,
> development is more focussed towards Linux kernel now.

Updated(spun on 06-04-2001) Hurd based Debian ISOs are available at

ftp.kando.hu/pub/CDROM-Images/debian-unofficial/hurd/

But methinks it would make better sense to download a Progeny

ftp.kando.hu/pub/CDROM-Images/progeny/newton/

If anyone does manage to get these ISOs and .raws, and won't mind a
lot to burn the CDs and mail, please holler. I could use the Progeny
ISOs.