Re: A All Linux Devices story has been mailed to you!

On Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 10:26:34AM +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> > I'm a trifle confused on this issue...
> > If a company is using Linux as it's embedded platform, won't
> > any and all improvements/modifications they make to the source
> > become GPLed?
>
> It *must* become GPL'd.

No. I can write an extension to the Linux kernel and release it under
the BSD license. My extension would be under BSD and hence reusable
in a lot more situations - including non GPL'ed systems.

Other licenses when mixed with GPL, effectively become GPL'ed. But they
can be used in non-GPL'ed projects without the same consequences.

	-Arun