Re: distros for us

On 13/05/01 22:38 +0000, Nick Hill spewed into the LI bitstream:

> There _is_ NO Slackware 7.2. There was a hoax some time ago on /. pointing
> to slackware-current and calling it Slackware 7.2. Its gonna be the future
> 7.2, but not yet. The last stable _release_ of Slackware is 7.1. I however
> run on slackware-current. Suit yourself.

 Right, dude ... but (iirc) there's a file called README_7.2 in the
 slackware-current ftp tree.  So, I just went a little into the future :)

> ILUG-HYD has its own group of Slackware enthusiasts, who swear by it, and
> the number is growing.
> BSD is often called "Linux for grownups". Slackware is the only Linux distro
> that has a BSD-ish feel to it.

 Right from the install, which has the same feel as the FreeBSD install

> Did i mention that it was the first distro, which once had 95% (Yggdrasil
> with the rest), of all the Linux users worldwide. I think it was 1994 back
> then. hmm...

 BTW, what happened to Yggdrasil?  Still around?

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <---->  mallet <at> efn dot org