Re: distros for us

On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Saurabh Garg wrote:

>          I have been following the 'security and ms' thread closely, and
> somewhat observe that SlackWare is the most preferred distro and no-one wants
> to say anything negative about it. Can you please tell me where to obtain the
> latest Slackware release free-of-cost as I cant afford to buy it or dowload
> being one of those middle class BW consumers.

Ummm, that is of course jumping to conclusions, and that too with a
statistical sample of 2 ;-)

I suspect the reason why you havent seen much SlackTalk here is because so
few people use it these days (at least here in India). Not that it is a
bad distro (far from it).

IAC, if you want to give it a try, go to http://www.slackware.com/ or get
a copy from gtcdrom.com.

Atul

Atul Chitnis       | achitnis@xxxxxxxxxxx (PGP:6011BCB8)
Bangalore, India   | +91 (80) 3440397 Fax +91 (80) 3341137