Re: Reply to Mr. Nikhil's Hyderabad team building easy to use operating system

aha. sorry to bring this up. I was ill for the last week or so. i thought i
need to clear somethings up here.

On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 05:44:13PM +0530, narasimharao wrote:
> But like another opensource project we had very limited resources and we
> could not afford to pay much attention to "technically" upgrading our
> website, which was created by our sponsorers much before we started working
> for the project. Technically upgrading it meant for us, giving one or two
> programmers from our limited number exclusively for this, working on techs
> like PHP, Apache and Mysql. We needed them for higher priority tasks then.
> But by grace of God and help from os community we are almost through with a
> decent website, less on content more on functionality using os techs (will be
> made available soon).

Anyone who's visited Hyderabad, will know that there was a _huge_ hoarding at
Begumpet (on the road from the Airport ) - a very prominent place, to say the
least - advertising Aryan Linux. All it said - "Aryan Linux", and on the next
line "www.aryanlinux.org". Now, ideally, one would go to see their website to
see what they're all about, and yeah, with an open mind. Once u've seen their
website doesn't make sense, u try to contact them via email. After u dont get
a reply forever, its common sense to assume that its a hoax. If someone has
any better ideas on how to act when u're at this situation, I'm all ears for
them.

Any "Linux company", dealing with GPL'ed software, which wont even reply a
well meaning mail, _is_ pure shit to me. Even taking into consideration that
they're getting lots of mail everyday, any amount of mailing them wouldnt
extract a reply out of them.

And now, there's this mail on LIG, about Aryan Linux. You bet I still think
this is crap. Is there an ftp site where i can see the code? NO. Is there a
website which shows any progress? NO. All we have is a "spokesperson" telling
us "We're doing a Desktop Distro". I've been hearing about Aryan Linux for over
an year now. Nothing has materialised yet. Should I take these guys seriously?

I'm really sorry, the answer is still NO.

Its a pity that such a mature LIG community has reacted in such a manner over
my mail. I dont have to argue who's the shit around here. I remember a
quotable fortune cookie here:

Beauracracy is like a septic tank. All the big shits rise to the top.

'nuff said.

> Hurt
>
> We at Aryan

As for the guys at aryan. get a handkerchief or two, cuz I dont want all of you
crying all over my inbox. learn to do more than give some sentimental emails. its
weird that u have the time to type a huge email, but cant change the info on your
made-in-frontpage-express website.

Nikhil.

--
Nikhil Shankar (nikhilwiz at yahoo.com)

Slackware Linux 			http://www.slackware.com/
I guess that's why people care: Some distributions have character.