Re: Re: [linux-delhi] [TROLL] License of messages sent to he list

On Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 06:33:59PM +0530, Ajit Ranade wrote:
> about email i guess the  same principle applies. so i think it may not be
> a bad idea that we agree that all our submissions to this list are deemed
> to be in the public domain.

That's so evil! public domain ? That allows all those greedy corporates
to "embrace, extend and extinguish" the very soul of the message. This
is information war folks, we need to destroy those people.

Let's come up with something like LGPL instead. As long as the amount
quoted is less than 10 lines and the original message is downloadable
from the author's website free of charge, along with a bunch of emacs
macros that can convert the original message to the derived work
automatically, you can republish.

	-Arun