Re: configuring yahoo messenger

Hi,

 I tried gtk yahoo but it failed even to start up

I think you are using a old version of gtk yahoo, download gtkyahoo0.16 or greater. and do remember here 0.9 < 0.16 ( i first mistook thinking 0.9 is the latest )

Isn't there any configuration file like the one in
lynx or wget which can be used to set http_proxy..

Its there just set up the gtkyaoorc file.(put your proxy user id and passwd there. hope this will help you, but again i am saying it only gave me partial success, i.e i can view the friend list and can send msg, but unable to recieve any.

all the best wishes to you

I downloaded transconnect but couldn't set it to work.
I did export LD_UPLOAD=~/.t*/*.so

I think you are using M$ proxy, same here, i also downloaded transconnect, it dosen't seems to work with M$ proxy (ver 2.0)

/Moyukh