Re: configuring yahoo messenger

hi
  I tried gtk yahoo but it failed even to start up
giving message that unable to resolve host name.....
I also tried ari-yahoo a text based yahoo client but
that too gave the same error...
Isn't there any configuration file like the one in
lynx or wget which can be used to set http_proxy..
I downloaded transconnect but couldn't set it to work.
I did export LD_UPLOAD=~/.t*/*.so
as i was told in the installation instruction...
i dont know much of the network configuration here
i only know that my proxy is 192.x.x.x with port number..
help me out!!!!!