Re: Linux for schools

Hi,

>> dont u think the success of microsoft lies on the fact that it
allowed the
>> win 95 and versions later on to be pirated and as i have seen in
india out
>> of 20 pc's one is having a genuine version os MS.
>
> So you are saying that Microsoft is deliberately allowing its stuff
to be
> pirated, so that it can dominate the PC market?  So why are they
wasting
> lakhs of rupees on Dewang Mehta (and chasing software pirates on
their own
> account)?

Actually even I have been thinking along the same lines for quite some
time...
Microsoft is of the opinion "If you want to pirate, do go ahead, but
the pirated software should be MS"...

They are letting piracy go on in the non-commercial market and are
only spending lakhs on anti piracy efforts in the commercial/corporate
world.

Warm Regards.

~Mayuresh