Re: OT: VSNL as compared to other ISPs

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

 |> facing is that i'm unable to access certain sites when I'm assigned
 |> certain IP addresses(and that is MOST of the time)
 |
 |Routing hassles?  Are those IPs you are assigned out of the same C block?  Or
 |from various blocks scattered around vsnl's dialup pool?  It _could_ be a

the remote ip assigned comes from the same block!!

 |> I have major problems connecting to satyam... because their ras servers
 |> are not uniform some do PAP some do user-pass yet others do login-pass..
 |
 | wvdial seems to handle it very well, from what I can see
hmmm... does wvdial use chat ??

 |> Dishnet sucks... u get disconnected so very often I feel they do it on
 |> purpose. (Even Caltiger is better than them!!)
 |
 | caltiger doesnt work on linux unfortunately (or at least their ad-bar doesnt).
When they launched service I figured out how their adbar works.... pretty
dumb implementation actually... haven't had the time to play around with
their new adbar.
the http speeds suck on caltiger but all other stuff work great.

Kingsly

                 I'm going to live forever, or die trying!

    e-mail: kingsly@xxxxxxxxxxx | ICQ: 14787510 | Phone: +91-98450-56954