Re: lynx proxy setup

On Sat, 24 Mar 2001, Linux User Group wrote:

> >>export http_proxy = "http://ur.proxy.ip.add:port";
>
> I didn't get u.If u have a ip address like
> 192.x.xxx.xx and at port 8080 how will u do that.

	Suppose your http proxy is 192.1.1.1 port 8080. Then do
export http_proxy=http://192.1.1.1:8080

if it supports ftp too, that too using http (eg squid),
export ftp_proxy=http://192.1.1.1:8080

And if there are some boxes in your local lan, then use the following:

export no_proxy=box1,box2,box3

And then run lynx/wget in the shell you did all this. Better put it in
.bashrc or .profile

	HTH
		-Ajay
--

#!!!	If anything can go wrong, _FIX_ it. (To hell with MURPHY)

						Ajay kumar Dwivedi
						 ajayd@xxxxxxxxxx