Re: Linux v/s Mac OS X?

Hi Raju,

First, there should be no one protocol for the majority of devices available
out there, basically there should be bridges...

For that matter, NeXTStep did manage something like X but in much better
way, they called it remote execution of local apps...
Something like if I have a Graphics Manipulation Program on my system and
don't have enough power to render a complex graphic, I could send my
processing to a remote machine and still have the display at my end...
The primary difference between X and NeXTStep's model was that data was not
constantly sent to-and-fro between those two machines only after the
processing was done...
No network overload...

About making a better standard network graphics protocol which runs on
everything from Palm's to Cray's...
Well, wait a few months and witness pure magic...

Warm Regards.

~Mayuresh