Re: Linux v/s Mac OS X?

Hi Raju,

Sorry about that (screwing up the name)...

The 'X Window System' is really sick in today's environment because we have
all the power to run our Graphics systems as well as apps locally...
It really doesn't make sense to run the X Server and the X Clients on the
same machine, something like running telnet to run applications on your own
machine from your own machine :-)

Secondly, it was DOA because if you look at the way it was developed, God,
you would just pass-out reading the way they tried to cover up their
deficiencies...

Please visit http://catalog.com/hopkins/unix-haters/x-windows/disaster.html

Any way, please visit the following URLs, they make real good reading:
http://www.osopinion.com/Opinions/MontyManley/MontyManley9.html

http://www.asktog.com/basics/firstPrinciples.html

Warm Regards.

~Mayuresh