Re: Doubts about Linux databases

I would suggest that you use PostgresSQL as your backend. You could write a
frontend in VB or Perl/Python if you want cross-platform compatibility.

An alternative, of course, is to use a web-based front end written in PHP.

I think this would take care of your basic requirements.

With regards to limitations -- I think it's pretty much a non-issue. A well
designed app should include proper purging and archiving of data such that
limits are not approached. That said, you'd be pretty surprised what databases
can handle. I've seen gigabyte sized clipper databases working happily, for
chrissake!

Biju