Re: Linux in India [was 'Members']

> > What versions/ distributions do
> > people mostly use? What version do you think is most popular in India?

Speaking of which, we even have our very own distribution here in India !!!!
Although HUGELY based on the RedHat paradigm, this distribution is known as
Aryabhatt Linux. You can read more about it @ www.aryabhattlinux.com

As for popularity, it is largely governed by the PC Mag cover cds. Slackware
was the first to come on them, but that was UMSDOS. RedHat is *the* most
popular. Caldera was also distributed by one magazine late last year. As for
educational/technical institutes, Mandrake and RH rule the roost.

:)

How's the distro scene there @ Israel ??

:)
Keep writing,