Re: Regarding Latex---Help required

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, maricha wrote:

> Ok I downloaded all those PDF files. I want to create my documents in PDF
> format. As you said there is a version "pdfLatex"; Can you please suggest me
> where i can get it.. Is it bundled with all distros..??

I am not knowledgable about latex, but a quick look at RHL 7.x shows the
tetex-latex utilities installed by default, including pdflatex, pdftex,
etc.

IAC, since you can export latex files to postscript files (.ps) for
printing, you can just use the standard ps2pdf (part of ghostscript that
*any* distro worth its name ships with) to convert the postscript to pdf.

I often use this with netscape - print a page to file (as postscript) and
then convert it to pdf with ps2pdf. Sounds cumbersome, but has its uses.

Atul

Atul Chitnis       | achitnis@xxxxxxxxxxx (PGP:6011BCB8)
Bangalore, India   | +91 (80) 3440397 Fax +91 (80) 3341137