Re: Citibank blocks Netscape on Linux!

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 05:42:55PM +0530, Atul Chitnis wrote:
> Exciting:
>
> As of today, I can no longer my credicard account at Citibank because they
> say my browser is not supported! I am using Netscape 4.76 under Linux. You
> can try this yourself - go to http://www.citibank.co.in and try to log in
> as guest.
>
> If anyone knows anyone at Citibank, could you holler?

Do you know if they do it based to the browser string or some feature,
say - lack of encryption algo whizbang or XML 10.x ?

If it's the browser string - it's easy to fool them. Just get the
latest  version of Mozilla and use a browser string that matches IE.

This is exactly what IE did when they had to  start in a world dominated
by Mozilla :)

	-Arun