Re: RE : IITK Linux mirror

----- Original Message -----
From: "Saurabh Garg" <saurabhgarg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

>         I am not against mirrors, but THIS aint no way to propagate Linux
in
> premature India. And you can keep this statement in your records. Arre,
just

Linux in India is definitely maturing. I wish you too do.

Do something for the people around you rather than seeing every sensible
mail as a description of "someone's butt" !

Why don't you think of some marketing that might fund the distros for the
"local common man" in and around your streets ?

you might think this of as dogmatic, but makes sense after you've had a cool
drink.
making linux advocay a bit commercial isn't bad as condeming someone whose
doing something as sexy as setting up a mirror.
your detest for Ajay  shudn't mean that a local linux miror is a crap, foo?

You don't get all that you (or your "local common man") might want in the
cds that come with mags.
you *do* need a place to download them from.

somebody noble around you is putting a local mirror, i fail to understand
you what makes you oppose it, just because Ajay won't join your lug ???

> I have strong faith in
> the capabilities of listers like Hon. Raju Mathur, Atul Chitnis, Suresh,
> Atul et al.

Quite a strong faith, but mentioning the same person twice won't make it any
stronger and help your "local common man"

Now for the base point. I never found Ruchir's mail on the list. You just
seem to have a passion for writing mails about YOU and YOU and YOU.

Do you fill in the "your company" field : I me and myself ???

And for God's sake please stop sending mails to the members of
lug-northindia. Don't blame if you're finally given what you deserve.

First, they ignore you.
Then they laugh at you.
Then they fight you.
Then you win -- MG