Re: how to change the prompt in Linux..any Fundaes??

Hi,

Charudatta Phatak typed:
> hi! i am a student in IIT Bombay..I wanted to know how can one change
> the prompt in  linux? i.e, how to change its colour & may be make it
> flashing & change what is written? i know u have to edit .bashrc or
> .bash_profile but what are the exact changes one has to make?any
> help???

You can read the bash prompt HOWTO for lots of information about this.
/usr/share/doc/HOWTO/Bash-Prompt-HOWTO

(path may be different depending on distro and version) :-)

Also, technical queries should be on LIH, not LIG.

--
Mrinal Kalakrishnan <mrinal@xxxxxxxxx> http://mrinal.dhs.org/
Linux 2.4.2 || PGP:B1E86F5B || Mutt 1.3.15i (2001-02-12) || VIM 6.0t ALPHA