Subject: [ilug-goa] Re: Linux special... meeting's agenda
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 08:03:07 +0530 (IST)
From: "Gurunandan R. Bhat" <grbhat@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ilug-goa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Network Computing has brought out an excellent Linux Special. It comes
with 2 CDs and a set of excellently written articles on the various
network related capabilities of Linux. The articles are in the style of
HOWTO's and very clearly written. It uses Debian distribution as the base.
Here are the table of contents:

Connecting to the Internet (6 Pages)
File and Print Server (16 Pages)
Mail Server (8 Pages)
WEb Server (5 Pages)
Databases (including Orcle 8i!, 8 Pages)
Zope (8 Pages)

The first of the 2 CDs is the same as CD1 of the DEbian Distribution. The
second contains the .deb packages for Qmail, Hylafax, Apache, Postgresql
and MySQL. THe surprise pacaket in the second CD is "Tarantella" the
Calderra Application Server.

If you are a (or plan to be) a Debian user, this issue is priceless. If
you are not (or have no desire to use) Debian, you will find the CDs
useless, but the articles very informative.

I hope this helps.

Gurunandan