Re: Fwd: Re: Application for the post Java developer

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> Either that or this guy's got a address book group called "techie" - and put
> LI-* into it as well.  When he decides to apply for a new job, he blindly sends
> it to everyone in that group.  I've seen it happen before ...

Hey, let's use some intelligence here. I receive hundreds of job-apps
every month, because my email-ID is pretty much public domain thanks to my
writing. This time of the year is especially application-filled.

When someone has a subject line like "Fwd: Re: Application for the post
Java developer", it means that he has sent this message once to someone,
then sends them, one by one, to various others (note the FWD). Look at the
headers - do you see any mass addresses or any other indications of mass
mail? And it is a forward by the same person whose resume appears in the
mail.

This post to LIG was intentional. And hence the guy knew what he was doing
and he still did it.

That's spam.

Atul

Atul Chitnis       | achitnis@xxxxxxxxxxx (PGP:6011BCB8)
Bangalore, India   | +91 (80) 3440397 Fax +91 (80) 3341137