Re: RMS

READ THIS...
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html for
more explanation.

The Free Software Movement, started in 1984, has idealistic goals such
as freedom and cooperation.  The Open Source Movement was founded by
other people in 1998 specifically to reject the idealism of the Free
Software Movement.

They get a lot of their support by persuading people to describe us
and our work with their name.  That is not right.  They have a right
to support their views, but we have the right to be known for our
views.  So if you hear someone associate  the GNU Project, or
the GNU/Linux operating system (often called "Linux") with "open
source", please tell them it is a mistake.
 It is a shame if they don't wave the banner
that stands for their views.  Could you pass on the suggestion?

regards
alex

Alex M Alex
alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx