Re: Experience the New Windows

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Indraneel Majumdar wrote:

> But the machine never crashed or froze up or refused to boot etc, or did
> it? (besides running most of the (ab)normal services)

Again, I disagree. StarOffice 5.0 shipped with a glibc set and an install
script that installed the required glibc - screwing the existing (and
functioning) glibc into the ground and effectively killing the machine.

This was not installed by default, but when things didn't work, people
checked around, and (either because they found it on the CD, because it is
mentioned in the README, or because someone on LIH mentioned it) ran that
script. BOOOOOMM!

Atul

Atul Chitnis       | achitnis@xxxxxxxxxxx (PGP:6011BCB8)
Bangalore, India   | +91 (80) 3440397 Fax +91 (80) 3341137