Re: is Linux-India Exocore ?

On Sat, 10 Feb 2001, Jeevan Kumar wrote:

> is linux-india exocore or linux-india is linux india ?
Linux India  is Linux - India.

Nobody can deny Exocore's and in turn Atul's contribution to the Linux
movement in India

> even in the Bangalore IT 2000, all the linux-india
> stalls were guiding the visitors to some linux section
> of exocore.com website. why is that so ? why can;t
You most probably are refering to visitors being guided to the excellent
FAQ that Exocore has put up on its site!

What is wrong in that!

We were there demostrating E Com powered by Linux using Demos which are
available at our site www.sanisoft.com.

Invariably when visitors asked for what more could be done we demo-ed some
more Apps at our site!

When asked for contacts i handed out my biz card - whats wrong in that.

> they simply guide the visitors to some linux site
> rather than guiding to a commercial site.
In Exocore's case - the FAQ is at Exocores site and In our case because
the demos were already available at our site!

NOTE - visitors were much more interested this time in commercial
successes of Linux rather than its acedemic value.

One of the most often asked question to me was - can you really have a
bussiness based on Open Source development and again I replied "We have
and we are successful"

> also why is linux-india.com pointing to exocore.com ?
Because it is on the Exocore server

> also the linux-india website waht is happening with
> that. the same old website from past two years, what i
> have been seeing. no updations, nothing at all.

And how do you intend to help out with that?

What have you done for the web site?

What have you done for Linux India

Where were you when we wanted volunteers?

Remember when you point a finger at anyone the others of your own hand are
pointing towards yourself

May be this is a time for introspection for all of us!

Let each one list out his or her deeds / acheivements for the open source
movement

Yes folks go ahead blow your own trumpets - If they are loud enough you
will get the world to listen.

Swati Sani

       B2B Application Providers
        http://www.sanisoft.com