Help needed for IPX configuration

Hi  everybody,

We are having a Netware 4.x CDROM server that provides access to the cdrom databases to our LAN. We wish to access the server/ databases thru our red hat 6.2 machine. We are using the Linux machine as web and email server, and the network card has only one interface (eth0) configured for TCP/IP.

We installed the ipxutils package and tried to execute the command:

ipx_configure --auto_primary=on --auto_interface=on

but the output of the command was:

ipx_configure: socket: Invalid argument

we tried to load the ncpfs.o module with insmod, and again executed the above command for no avail. We tried to enable the IPX support from linuxconf, and also tried to configure eth1 for IPX.   When we restart network, the messages comes as follows:

"Bringing up interface lo...OK"
"Bringing up interface eth0...OK"
"Bringing up interface eth1 ...failed"

However, the TCP/IP interface stops, inspite of the OK message.

We went to www.linuxdoc.org, but could not get the required info.

Please help us in this regard.

Thanx in advance.

Naren