TeX

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

: Radhakrishnan C V rearranged electrons thusly:
:
: > Yes, we are going to have a CTAN (Comprehensive TeX Archive Network)

: Oh excellent.  Thanks a lot :)
:
: 	--suresh (broke head over TeX, then found LyX)

Need not break your head, Suresh. There is a comprehensive online
tutorial going on at the Indian TeX Users Group mailing list. We have
covered 14 chapters so far (that concludes the basic part of TeX) and
what remains is the advanced topics. If you are interested, you can
have a look at the tutorial documents available at:

  http://www.river-valley.com/tug/tutorial/

and the sources of all the documents at:

  http://www.river-valley.com/tug/tutorial/src/

for you to play with.

Why not Linux-India think in terms of conducting a comprehensive Linux
online tutorial just as we TeXies do? That will be a great assistance
to the newbie population we have and will surely raise the standards
of training in Linux unlike the commercially motivated training shops
around. TUGIndia is only happy to assist in the document production
part.

In the end, Linux-India can publish the training documents put
together in the form of a nice book with a price tag that is
affordable for our people.

--
Radhakrishnan
GPG Fingerprint: 208E F5EB A4B4 2024 AEE9  575D 13DE E3B9 0292 70EF