Re: Re: Re: Accusations

Atul Chitnis wrote:

> This list includes PCQ ("RedHat salesmen", "marketing gimmicks"), CHIP
> ("Can't even get Star Office right"), PC World and IT ("Bad Linux CD, bad
> mags"), NIIT & Aptech ("Linux courses from bad companies"), Raj Mathur
> ("Security updates waste of bandwidth"), Gopi Garge ("Solaris Y2K issue
> [that also applied to Linux] offtopic for this list"), Nikhil Datta
> ("Participate in commercial exhibitions - yuck!"), FreeOS.com ("making
> money off Linux by selling CDs"), me ("politicising", "hijacker, because
> he is visible through action", "profiteer", "building personality cult"),
> and so many more.

Atul,
I am not involved in this, and I don't want to take sides, but this
sucks. Some of the accusations mentioned above never came from Suresh,
in fact I think that he actually spoke up for some of the accused.
Mixing up perfectly valid accusations with frivolous ones looks like an
attempt to either condone some money making crap like the aptech and
niit courses or to dignify some of the accusations which are meant for
the dustbin.

For the record, I can't make head or tail what this war will achieve,
but I do know that writing to Suresh's boss coz of what he wrote in the
mailing list is pretty low. As far as I am concerned if there was a war
on the mailing list, you just lost big time by going over Suresh's head.
Your actions smack of high handedness and are worthy of nothing but
utter contempt. Take what is left of your dignity and back the hell off.
Stick to the topic of setting up linux mirrors.

+ mario