Re: Accusations + More

archan rearranged electrons thusly:

> so the interesting flame is Officially on!!

Yeah, sort of.  I planned to shut up but ...

> Atul Chitnis wrote:

> > Suresh has made the following statements:
> > On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> It was very popular in M$ vs Netscape row, to publicly announce that M$
> is stealing / hijaking the show.... But the thing is that, in this
> world, there will be survival for the fittest. So it is better to go for
> collaborative environment and ignore any kinda allegations. I personally

Frankly, I for one feel that the linux community can best survive when it is as
diverse and disunited as it is.  Any attempt to centralize or control this will
only stifle this fine movement.

Plus, attempting to build a personality cult around oneself totally discounts
the one main asset of linux - that it is the contribution of several fine
people around the world.  It is creative anarchy at its best.  Attempting to
standardize / centralize / control such a movement is to bring it to its knees.

> feel, no one can hijak any public movement. I have heared a lot of times
> from the mouth of some Linux ppl that execore and Atul is hijaking Linux
> movement, but is not it a undue allegation?? I am not in favour or

IMHO, at least, no.  YMMV of course.  I have explained my reasons for stating
these facts before, and I'll stand by them (though I dont intend to raise them
on the list in future).

> against of exocore aka Atul but I feel these kinda flame is weakening
> the Linux movement in India. Suresh is also one of my good friend so I
> am really confused why he is making allegation.....

I dont intend to feed this particular flamewar again ... so please, if you
haven't read the full thread before (I dont blame you), please do re-read it
before continuing this thread (preferably offlist).

> In the view of this flame, I want to put forward another issue which is
> weakening the Linux movement in India. It is the FLAME BETWEEN DEBIAN
> users AND RH/MANDRAKE users. Specially, I have seen the some debian

Distro wars are just friendly sparring, and I have no doubt that redhat,
debian, suse, caldera, whatever linux users will definitely unite in agreeing
that windows sucks and LINUX rocks.

What is going on - politics, and something which looks a lot like the old
british "Divide and Rule" policy - is far more poisonous than any distro war,
and should not be allowed to take root in this fine community.  Again, IMHO at
least.

Never said no to that :)

> >> And your threatening to pull rank on me and attempting to handle this
> >> on the quiet are an indication that you don't _dare_ rebut me on the

> > I just did. The ball is now in the accusers' court.

> What is this about???? Hey cool down ... U both, Atul and Suresh are
> sensible contributers to the Indian Linux community... So, please cool

What this is about is that our friend Atul happens to be on first-name terms
with most of my bosses, and just wrote them a longish mail saying "I am being
publicly abused by suresh, please ask him to shut up".

	--suresh

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <-->  mallet <at> efn <dot> org