Re: Accusations

Atul Chitnis rearranged electrons thusly:

> Suresh has made the following statements:

Ah, excellent.  You came down from your ivory tower at last.  And I hate to
post private mail, but as this is rather well connected to your new-found
bravery on this list, here goes :

> On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> > Then, you don't deny (and won't, if you have any kind of a conscience)
> > that you are trying to hijack the linux movement in India.

> I categorically deny these allegations, and I am herewith publicly asking
> Suresh to (point by point) validate his accusations. Naturally, anyone
> else who feels that Suresh is right - please feel free to join him in
> presenting his case.

1. All three examples you mentioned are old LUG flamewars of one kind or the other
authorized / unauthorized e-mail ids on a server -  ilug-cochin
mp3s and breakaway lugs also sound quite familiar to me.

2. Your attempting to misquote what I posted, and making it appear as if I was
agreeing with you on this thread (about a hands-off policy for the LUGs on
these mirrors) was another attempt at your characteristic doublespeak

> > And your threatening to pull rank on me and attempting to handle this
> > on the quiet are an indication that you don't _dare_ rebut me on the
> > list.

That rank pulling he did was to mail my boss, and hint that he'd go up all the
way up the group, asking them to shut me up.   As I clarified, nowhere have I
stated that my opinions reflect those of my employers, or that I'm speaking for
them.

> I just did. The ball is now in the accusers' court.

My fingers ache right now, so I'll just paste your mail and my reply below
(combining my two replies below, and replacing other names in this thread with
boss1, boss2 and boss3)

Atul wrote (in response to my previous post requesting him to sue me if he
thought he could):

> Suresh:
>
> OK, you asked for this as well.
>
> But with you, it is simple to manage, since you are so predicatable.
>
> One more post from you that attacks me personally, and I complain to your
> management about the personal attacks coming at me from my-employer.com
> servers, posted by an _my-employer_ employee on oyeindia time.
>
> The next post will result in my complaining not to boss1, but to boss2
> and/or boss3. The reason for including Ram on this is to give you a fair
> chance to shut up.
>
> None of my messages to Linux India are addressed at you, none of my
> earlier posts to you in private were ever published on Linux India - I
> fail to understand why you are attacking me like this in public for a
> completely private matter.

> boss1, I am sending you a complete collection of all my private messages to
> Suresh for reference in a separate message.
>
> Atul

My reply :

> Atul Chitnis [Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 06:19:54PM +0530]:

>> OK, you asked for this as well.
>> But with you, it is simple to manage, since you are so predicatable.
>
> Hmmm... I thought you _would_ do something as cheap as trying to pull rank on
> me.
>
>> None of my messages to Linux India are addressed at you, none of my
>> earlier posts to you in private were ever published on Linux India - I
>> fail to understand why you are attacking me like this in public for a
>> completely private matter.
>
> You are a master of doublespeak, man ... first you admit that you _have_
> attacked me in private posts.  Then, you don't deny (and won't, if you have any
> kind of a conscience) that you are trying to hijack the linux movement in
> India.
>
> Your earlier rude and condescending mails to me (on LIH posts which did not
> concern you at all) were definitely a private matter.  Your crass attempts to
> hijack the linux community in India (on the mirrors issue, and other issues in
> the past) are _not_ a private matter.  And your attempting to misquote me on
> LIH in this thread you are complaining about is not a personal matter.  I sort
> of knew you would try a cheap trick like this.
>
> [sent from an address that's not _yet_ in your access.db - as all my addresses
> you have managed to find so far are ... feel free to add this one to it as
> well]
>
> I stick to my opinion, by the way.  You are free to complain if you wish - my
> opinions are mine alone.  Nowhere in this thread have I claimed that my
> opinions reflect those of my employer.  And your threatening to pull rank on
> me and attempting to handle this on the quiet are an indication that you don't
> _dare_ rebut me on the list.

[new addition: I suppose your name-dropping and complaining to my bosses gave
you enough courage to post this "denial"?]