Re: QMail and DJB ... was Re: [LIH] any one using djbdns?

On 03/02/01 23:52 +0530, omicron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx spewed into the LI
bitstream:

> 	A few lines in /var/qmail/controls/ ( is that the standard qmail path ?)files can easily change the way qmail works. It's *very* easy. I really dont
> know the sendmail.cf syntax, and may be in near future i'll make an effort to
> understand it. But @ the first glance, qmail wins.

 Even the sendmail developers say "dont screw around with sendmail.cf, edit
 sendmail.mc instead and use that to regenerate sendmail.cf"

 A typical sendmail.mc is attached herewith (called config.mc ...)

> being what it is, it is imporssible to restrict it to a specific function . it
> is *too* flexible. If u dont want procmail, but wanna use binmail, even that

Use maildrop (http://www.geocities.com/~mrsam) from the author of Courier IMAP
/ Courier MTA.  It's better with qmail.

> 	haven't worked on it. have downloaded it, but waiting for a chance to
> chuck out qmail, but i've never had the opportunity to do it.

 You want to chuck - that is throw out - qmail?  Good for you.
 Try postfix instead - it rocks.

 	--suresh

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + mallet@xxxxxxx
Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while.
divert(-1)
dnl This is the macro config file used to generate the /etc/sendmail.cf
dnl file. If you modify thei file you will have to regenerate the
dnl /etc/sendmail.cf by running this macro config through the m4
dnl preprocessor:
dnl
dnl        m4 /etc/sendmail.mc > /etc/sendmail.cf
dnl
dnl You will need to have the sendmail-cf package installed for this to
dnl work.
include(`../m4/cf.m4')
define(`confDEF_USER_ID',``8:12'')
OSTYPE(`linux')
undefine(`UUCP_RELAY')
undefine(`BITNET_RELAY')
MASQUERADE_AS(`kcircle.com')
define(`confAUTO_REBUILD')
define(`confCF_VERSION',`frodo-1.3')
define(`confCON_EXPENSIVE',true)
define(`confTO_CONNECT', `1m')
define(`confTRY_NULL_MX_LIST',true)
define(`confDONT_PROBE_INTERFACES',true)
define(`confCF_VERSION',`frodo-1.5')
define(`SMART_HOST',`mailinx.nettlinx.com')
define(`PROCMAIL_MAILER_PATH',`/usr/bin/procmail')
FEATURE(`smrsh',`/usr/sbin/smrsh')
FEATURE(`mailertable',`hash -o /etc/mail/mailertable')
FEATURE(`virtusertable',`hash -o /etc/mail/virtusertable')
FEATURE(redirect)
FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)
FEATURE(always_add_domain)
FEATURE(use_cw_file)