Re: Re: setting up mirrors

Atul Chitnis rearranged electrons thusly:

> Uh, Suresh, I'd suggest that you either get a grip on yourself or start
> filtering out my messages (it's easy - I post maybe 4-5 times a year on
> this list). I have not been doing a personal attack on you - what gives
> you the right to launch such an attack on me?

The same thing which gives you the right to be quite rude to me offlist

> > Now on to more debunking ...
> If you feel that is what you are doing, though the "de" was largely wasted
> electrons...

Indeed?

> > Which is why I made that previous comment about overinflated egos.
> A comment that was needless and only served to drag the quality of this
> discussion into the dirt, degrading the entire process. And, as always,
> completely non-constructive, adding nothing of value to a discussion.

As always, necessary as well, considering that it is the fact, like it or not.
I was reading that long thread that started the last time this thing cropped
up.

> > The mirror does NOT call itself mirror.ilug-t.org or
> > mirror.linux-india.org - it calls itself mirror.x.com or

> <sarcasm>
> I had this distinct feeling that I have read a similar suggestion before
> somewhere. So I referred back and LO AND BEHOLD - there it was! In my own
> first message in this thread!

How brilliant of you!

> On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Atul Chitnis wrote:

> > If not, I'd suggest that we leave things like this (that are high
> > expense/high maintenance) to companies who can afford paying for the
> > facilities and paying people to maintain it, and would automatically

> The Lord be praised - Suresh "Mallet" Ramasubramanian actually proposed
> the *same* thing as I did!!!!  Hallelujah! T
> </sarcasm>

The lord be praised! all right.  After you stated that, could you explain why
you were raising objections about "misuse"?

> Could you please try and read messages before you reply to them?

Could you try to be a bit less obnoxious in private email, and a little less
rude in your access.db?

> > Remove the LI politics entirely and what have you got?
> A great place to be in, one where I would love going to talk about
> *Linux*, help people and be helped by them, without fearing that someone
> comes charging at you just because he feels he needs to.

Excellent.  Who came charging at me several times some months back, accusing me
(in tones ranging from the extremely condescending to the extremely rude) of
being a netcop?  And who gave him the right to do so (for LIH at least)?

> > common sense.  Experience (especially experience in inter-lug politics and
> > experience in ego trips) is not required.  Or don't you see the point?

> I do, now. The point is "don't express opinions on this list, or you will
> get personally flamed by Suresh".

No.  The point is, "dont try to hijack each effort to set up a mirror, unless
you get to play the lead starring role and have others consider that you are
$DEITY, like you did last time".

I haven't flamed all that many people on the list for "expressing opinions".

> If it would mean anything to me, I'd ask for an apology. It doesn't, so
> feel free to walk away gloating that you managed to do it again.

Enjoy yourself.  I hate it when I have to repeat myself so often to get the
point across.  And I don't see why I should apologize for stating the truth.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <-->  mallet <at> efn <dot> org