Re: "Wrong major or minor number"?--- Mount fat32 in Redhat 6.2

Hi

--- Dai HP <haiping@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thank you, sir
>
> But my problem now is that I can't mount the fat32
> partition.
>
> when I type "mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /mnt/c ",
> I got the error message "Cant mount hda1, Wrong
> major or minor number",
> what's wrong?

Please check that the version of kernel that you are
booting from (what vmlinuz in /boot points) is the
same as the one you have installed.
I have had problems in past where I loaded linux thru
LOADLIN using an older kernel than the one installed
on my system, and it gave out the "Wrong
Major/Minor..." message.
And If you have recently installed a new version of
thekernel, remember to run LILO after modifying the
/etc/lilo.conf appropriately

HTH

HarveersingH

NXN - Not eXactly a Newbie