Re: Linux mirrors in India ?

Ruchir Tewari rearranged electrons thusly:

> there's a simple fact of life, which bears oft
> repeating, because it is so sweet and so true:
> If you do not ask, you do not get.

Perfect, but asking the RECs etc for bandwidth is like asking beggars for a
loan (more or less) :)

> Just to remind us all of the plentiful capacity already,
> available, and the IT Taskforce goals, do check out -
> http://it-taskforce.nic.in/vsit-taskforce/infdrive.htm

Excellent ... not a bad idea

> Finally, I'm of the opinion that the RECs have more
> screaming to do. Their cities are not even on the
> DoTs plans for international gateways. There are only
> 5 or 6 international gateways in the proposed backbone.
> Makes we wanna scream !

Sad, isn't it? :)  Anyway the way to go is to catch hold of PCQ / Chip etc and
see if they have enough spare bandwidth as someone else suggested

ftp.pcquest.com sounds like a nice idea :)

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <-->  mallet <at> efn <dot> org