Re: oracle for linux

check out : http://www.arsdigita.com/ad-training/acs-install/oracle

dont even try to install it if you don't have the atleast a weeks of
free time + food supplies :-), as installing Oracle on Linix is very
tedious and even after that as if runs like someone is serving ebay from
you box....

I tried to install that on K6-450Mhz/128Mhz box and found that I had to
spent 3 days to get the thing right and finally it was dead slow even
with 128Mhz....guess it required 256mb or more...so it not worth the
effort...instead MySQL looks/works better now that NASA uses it.

----
Virtually yours,
Nagendra

73's, VU2CLN, ICQ : 4779564 | nagendra@xxxxxxxxxxxx
| Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow |
| Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. |
| Walk beside me and be my friend - Albert Camus.|