Athena: a new OS

we're getting more and more alternatives for windows, aren't we?

from Wired: OS Has a Face You Can Love

The Athena operating system, under development for almost two years by Rocklyte has the ambitious goal of creating an operating system that will run on any device and look like whatever you want.

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,41231,00.html

The Athena Operating System

Athena is Rocklyte Systems next generation, object based operating system for the consumer market. It is currently being produced and tested on the Linux kernel before programming starts for a variety of other systems and consumer devices. A preview release of the Athena RTE for Intel-based Linux machines is currently available, and the full version will appear during mid-2001.

Features include: public source code, a rewritable GUI, 100% component based/plug-in architecture, extensive portability, DML scripting and object based networking.

http://www.rocklyte.com/athena/index.html

screenshots at: http://www.rocklyte.com/athena/screenshots.html

- Diwakar

--
Got something to say? Subscribe to tamil.com e-mail discussion
forums!