redhat kernel compiling with raid root

Hi,
 I have compiled the kernel 2.2.16 kernel using kgcc successfully. I am
using
 software raid1 with scsi disks. I also compiled raid1 and scsi support and
 aic7XXX driver for adaptec scsi card in a kernel (not as a module). Then I
 made a initrd image and change the configuration in lilo.conf specifying
 boot image and initrd image. Now I am unable to boot from this new kernel.
 It is unable to mount the root partition. The problem comes after scsi
disks
 detection. The problem is as follows:

 kernel panic: VFS: unable to mount root from 09:01
oops! md1 not running, giving up!
 Bad md_map in ll_rw_block
 EXT2-fs unable to read super block.
 Invalid session number or type of track

Today I solved this problem with compiling redhat kernel source code
(2.2.16-22 kernel) with raid, aic7xxx drivers as modules and making initrd.
As redhat kernel source code supports autodetecting raid, I can boot my
system. I also tried 2.2.18 kernel but it also doesn't support the
autodetecting the raid devices. Can any body explain about any patches by
which I can et support for autodetecting the raid on boot using md driver.

 Please help me!!!

 Cheers
 kapil