Re: Inaccurate reporting on GPL

    Binand> Raju Mathur forced the electrons to say:
    >> Where's the violation?  Making a GPL infrastructure to plug
    >> commercial modules into is perfectly legal, otherwise people
    >> wouldn't be able to make binary-only drivers/modules for Linux.

    Binand> Sorry for butting in territory of which I know nothing,
    Binand> but...

    Binand> Doesn't the GPL require code that links to a GPL'ed
    Binand> library be also GPLed?

Yes.

    Binand> Isn't that the reason they came up
    Binand> with the LGPL? Is linking to a GPL'ed library different
    Binand> from linking to the GPL'ed Linux kernel (as a module)?

No it isn't, which is why the Library GPL exists in the first place,
and why most [GPL] libraries are actually under the Library GPL.  You
can link proprietary applications with a lib under the Lib GPL and
keep the result proprietary.

--
Raju Mathur          raju@xxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://kandalaya.org/