QUERY: Linux in South Asia...

Dear friends, I might get a chance to have an article on Linux
published in a Karachi newspaper...  Why not! Some friends there are
keen to know how we, on this side of the border, have been interacting
with Linux. If you have a moment to spare, could you kindly let me have
your comments on:
(i) What are the lessons of Linux in India, briefly, that might be
useful for other South Asian countries, including Pakistan?
(ii) Would Linux be as useful in other South Asian countries, as has
been the case in India?
(iii) Anything else you feel which might be of interest to a South
Asian audience, outside of India...
Please mention your age and profession too (alongwith the city/area
where you are located) as this would help to add some personal-colour
to the article. Thank you very much. Frederick.
   frederick noronha, freelance journalist, fred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   near convent, saligao 403511 goa india 0091.832.409490/ 409783
   Bytes For All		http://www.bytesforall.org
   News from Goa      	http://www.goacom.com/news/
   Photos from Goa	http://www.goa-world.net/fotofolio/
   GoaResearchNet	http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/1503