New Linux project hopes to benefit the people of India

There is a new Linux project available on sourceforge:

http://soureforge.net/projects/gshop

gShop is a point of sale / order processing application can operate for
a large variety of businesses.

Whats so different about gShop ?

- gShop is a complete and sophisticated package using state of the art
Gnome interfaces and SQL database:
- gShop has minimal hardware requirements :
        Pentium-166, 32MB RAM, 2GB Disk, 2MB VGA card
- gShop is completely GPL'ed and free of charge

We urgently need some language translators to convert gShop to the
Indian language. We already have Spanish, Polish, Indonesian, and some
African languages in the works.

With an Indian language version in place, this would open up an
oportunity for possibly thousands of Indian businesses to benefit from
the computer revolution with a fully-featured package at extremely low
cost, without a single dollar ever having to leave the country. This
would also create a large sector of new employment for Indian Linux
people to service these installations.

This can only be good news for the country and the people, and good news
for Linux as well.

SteveOC
gShop Project
Australia

PS:
Why am I doing this ?   because I dont think it is right that 90% of the
worlds population only shares in 10% of the world's wealth, and yet
those 90% still have to send off their hard earned money to people like
Bill Gates.