Re: [OT]how to petition for removing ban on egroups

At 08:57 PM 12/17/00 +0530, Sandip Bhattacharya wrote:

VSNL has banned mails from egroups.com for quite some time now. Probably
because of spamming. Quite thoughtless, i must say, cause probably because
of one or two spamming lists on this group, vsnl subscribers can't access

This is funny - but not surprising. eGroups has had a spam problem for ages, but with vsnl blocking them, it is "pot calling the kettle black"

Further, I run a large egroups list, plus am active on a few more. Not seen traces of this so far.

However are you sure it is vsnl doing the blocking and not egroups, and perhaps your address is logged as "bouncing" in the egroups list (because of delivery problems etc etc)? If you could post message logs (say your sendmail logs if you dont relay mails through vsnl's smtp server) then we could debug this.

Or mail postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx / support@xxxxxxxxxxx and ask for a clarification.

don't they take up the issue with egroups for this matter? This probably
an indication of the same high-handedness that exists in Government
circles in India.

As it is vsnl's network, they have the right to block or allow whatever they choose.

Suresh Ramasubramanian + mallet<@>efn.org
   You spamma my mailbox I nukea da ass