Re: [ot - sort of] spammer bites the dust (goodbye gtcdrom.com)

On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, Biju Chacko wrote:

> Nobody is asking you to tolerate it. If you feel Raju is breaking the rules
> noticed any objectionable mail from Raju. If you are referring to Raju's
> security advisories -- I'd say they were on-topic, informative and that
> Secondly, what is this "leaders" business? AFAIK Thaths is the only person
> with a title on this list -- List Admin. I don't think we have any other

I think my message was misunderstood. I wasnt complaining about having to
'tolerate' anything. I was merely curious that we the LI community have
never pointed out that Raju has usually quoted (original mail) profusely
or fully when he has posted messages. I wasnt talking about any particular
messages from Raju, like the security advisories. I even said I enjoyed
Raju's messages. I think Arun Sharma has sometimes quoted large chunks.
But, again, I wasnt complaining about these. (There you have two 'leaders'
of the LI lists. There are others as well, including Thaths. By leader I
simply meant a person with more than the list-average knowledge and
participation in these lists. Why read more 'meaning' into that?)

So, I guess I found some interesting behaviour here. Nothing terribly
important anyway. I replied just to clarify.

prakash